Why this Foundation?
We are witnessing the biological destruction of mankind in the developed world. Our kids and grandkids are in trouble. Their future is being compromised.
We need to regain our collective health NOW.
Better Food for Better Kids was prompted by observations that Bonaire's secondary school, SGB, had serious problems and was in need of help.
The Founders Message:
Social deterioration, learning and behavior problems, as well as mental and physical disease can all result from failed nutrition. These are growing problems within the modern world nations, and Bonaire is no exception.
Success in Bonaire is possible because nutritional meal programs have transformed schools in other parts of the world--healing academic and behavioral problems and transforming the teaching environment-- a win-win for everyone. [See Success Videos]
The message is simple:
Better food for better kids, a better life and a better world!
Mission & Vision:
1) To inspire and motivate the establishment of natural, whole-foods nutrition.
2) The promotion of organic or all natural, nutrient-dense, whole-foods nutrition education and school meal programs.
3) Give nutrition a prominent place in the academic curriculum thereby recognizing nutrition as the foundation of health and the fuel of life.
Objectives & Goals:
1) Teach the relationship of food to health.
2) Promote the establishment of school feeding programs.
3) Promote the incorporation of onsite (school grounds) fruit and vegetable growing.
4) Budget for school and community information campaigns.
Connecting the Dots:
1) High quality nutrition dramatically improved learning and behavior.
2) Nutrition improves (and therefore could prevent) most learning and behavior disorders and most common and chronic ailments.
3) Many school-systems’ nutritional improvements were truly transformative.
4) Super-nutrition has raised I.Q. levels.
5) Street drugs, alcohol and heavy prescription drugging appear to be the logical results of our failed nutrition!